Size: 97m²

R02/203 Birdwood Road, Georges Hall

Back to results

BRAND NEW RETAIL SHOP/OFFICE FOR LEASE

Brand new development comprising 27 stylish apartments & 3 retail shops.

This newly built shop is well located on the main stretch of the busy Georges Hall Retail Precinct.

Commercial space 97sqm

Kitchenette

Toilet amenities

Parking: 3 spaces in a stacker system

Bus stop at your doorstep

The shop has great exposure with frontage to Birdwood Road

The busy position and strong trade demographic are sought after features of this location

Available from: November 2017

An inspection of this quality shop is imperative! Please contact Margaret on 9771 6115 to inspect or email margaret@allianceaust.com.au for further information.

Disclaimer: We have, in preparing this document used our best endeavours to ensure that the information contained herein is true and accurate to the best of our knowledge but accept no responsiblity and disclaim all liability in respect of any errors, omissions, inaccuracies or mis-statements contained in this document.

Georges Hall, is a  local government area in the City of Bankstown. Georges Hall is  located 24 kilometres south-west of the Sydney central business district in the state of New South Wales, Australia, and is part of the South-western Sydney region.

Georges Hall is bounded by the Georges River in the west and Bankstown Airport in the south. The suburbs of Bass Hill and Condell Park lie to the north and east, respectively.

History

Georges Hall was named after the house and farm owned by Captain George Johnson (1780–1823) called 'Georges Hall'. It was situated beside and Prospect Creek, near Henry Lawson Drive. In 1809 it became an administrative centre, where it was used to conduct the census.

Garrison Point is a historically significant parkland. It obtained its name from the garrison of soldiers that were stationed here to ensure the safety of Major George Johnston as he conducted a census in the area. The park is now the local focus of annual Australia Day celebrations in the Bankstown area.

In 1796, George Bass, Matthew Flinders and the boy servant William Martin began an expedition to explore parts of the colony on a small boat called the Tom Thumb. They sailed into Botany Bay and explored the Georges River, twenty miles (32 km) beyond previous expeditions to the area that is now Garrison Point. For their exploration efforts Bass and Flinders were rewarded with 100-acre (0.40 km2) land grants in this area by Governor John Hunter.[2]

Parks and reserves

Garrison Point is located near the junction of Georges River and Prospect Creek. Adjacent to Garrison Point is Lake Gillawarna, an artificial lake that forms an important breeding ground for native birds.

Garrison Point and Lake Gillawarna form the southern part of a larger reserve called Mirambeena Regional Park that extends into the adjacent suburb of Lansvale. A short distance south from Garrison Point is Kentucky Reserve, another recreational park area overlooking the Georges River, adjacent to Henry Lawson Drive.

Schools

  • Calvary Chapel Christian School
  • Georges Hall Public School
  • St. Mary's, Queen of Heaven Primary School
  • Georges River Grammar School

Landmarks

  • Bankstown Airport – a metropolitan airport
  • Dunc Gray Velodrome
  • The Reservoir
  • Mirambeena Reserve
  • Lake Gillawarna
  • The Homestead, Lionel Street. This large, single-storey house was built by David Johnston in 1837. It is now listed on the Register of the National Estate.[3]

* All fields required