2 bed  1 bath  1 car

13 Lambeth Street, Panania

Back to results

Renovated Home in Top Location

This beautifully renovated free-standing home that is a very short distance from Panania shops, schools and train station and bus stops will be of interest to first home buyers, couples, singles, small families and investors.

On entering this home you will be impressed with the open plan and spacious layout. 2 Large bedrooms with built-in-wardrobes and a modern as-new bathroom with tiled flooring throughout.

Leading further into the home we have a very large and open living and dining area with high and ornate ceilings. The kitchen features stone benchtops, stainless appliances and gas cooking as well as plenty of room to cater for family and friends.

Out the back we have a large covered entertainment area as well as a single car garage and an ample but low maintenance yard that has an easterly (morning sun) aspect.

We expect a good deal of interest for this home which has so many features and is in such a prime location.




We Love:
- Newly renovated modern free-standing home
- Closely located to shops, schools and bus/train station
- Open Plan Living and Dining


Pluses:
- Covered entertainment area
- Lock up garage and 2 secured spaces
- East – West aspect


Disclaimer: We have, in preparing this document, used our best endeavours to ensure that the information contained herein is true and accurate to the best of our knowledge, but accept no responsibility and disclaim all liability in respect of any errors, omissions, inaccuracies or mis-statements contained in this document. Prospective purchasers should make their own enquiries to verify the information contained in this document.

The name Panania was on the original list of stations proposed for the Tempe-East Hills railway line in 1929. Prior to this, Panania was part of what was generally known as the East Hills district. Panania is an Aboriginal word meaning sun rising in the east and shining on the hills.An alternative theory is that the name may be a derivation of "Pannonia", which was an ancient province of the Roman Empire southeast of the Danube River. During the construction of the railway line the name Nioka was used for the station which is an Aboriginal word meaning the green hill. Other names suggested for suburb were Linden Park and Elmswood.

Development began apace after World War II. The Australian Legion of Ex-Servicemen and Women sponsored the mass production of housing at Panania beginning from 1946 with the construction of 34 houses.

St Christopher's Catholic Church on Tower Street was originally the Panania Star cinema. Panania North Public School, a short two block walk on the northern side of the railway line, became a demonstration school in the late 1970s so that trainee teachers from newly established, Milperra College of Advanced Education, could observe teachers at work.

Commercial area

Panania has a shopping area adjacent to Panania railway station. It runs along Weston Street, Anderson Avenue and Tower Street. Anderson Avenue features several local government facilities including a senior citizens centre and a public library. Panania Hotel is located on the northern side of Panania railway station.

The active Business Chamber is a significant strength of Panania

Transport

Panania railway station is on the East Hills line of the CityRail network. Parts of Panania are serviced by buses operated by Veolia Transport NSW, generally following the routes established by McVicar's Bus Services.

Demographics

Panania had a population of 10,984 people at the 2006 census, or 6.4% of the total population of the City of Bankstown. 48.4% of the population is male; 51.6% is female. 68.7% of the population are over the age of 18. 91.7% of the population are Australian citizens but only 73.8% were born in Australia. 1.1% of the population are indigenous Australians.

Churches

Panania features notable buildings such as Holy Trinity Anglican Church[9] and St Christopher's Catholic Church. St Christopher's is housed in the building formerly known as the Panania Star Cinema. The Panania Star Cinema was built in 1952 in the Art Deco style, and was the twin of the Padstow Star Cinema in nearby Padstow.[10] The building retains a number of original features, including a decorative ceiling. After a grant from the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Sydney and many donations from parishioners, the building underwent renovations costing $165,000 which were completed early in 2006.

The Salvation Army also has a Corps in Panania. The old building was recently refurbished.

Schools

Panania Public School , Panania North Public School, Tower Street Public School, St Christopher's Catholic School.

Houses

Panania is mostly a residential suburb, which was developed after World War II and originally contained many modest freestanding bungalows built from asbestos cement sheeting (commonly known as fibro). Today, most of these houses have been rebuilt as larger residences or two-storey duplex houses.

Sport

  • Runamux Softball Club - based at Kelso Park North Georges River Softball Association
  • Panania-East Hills RSL Youth Soccer Club based at Kelso Reserve.
  • Revesby Workers Football Club based at Marco Reserve.
  • St Christopher's Soccer Club based at Marco Reserve.
  • St Christophers Junior Rugby League Club plays in the Canterbury-Bankstown District Junior Rugby League and has produced such players as Brent Sherwin, Graeme Hughes, Corey Hughes, Jarrad Hickey and Mark Riddell.

Notable residents

The following are or have been residents of Panania:

  • Steve Waugh and Mark Waugh, former Australian cricketers, attended Panania Public School and East Hills Boys Technology High School.
  • Actor Bryan Brown was raised in Panania.
  • Andrew and Michael Tierney from Human Nature
  • Paul Makin of Willesee at 7 fame and currently Today Tonight Adelaide was raised in Panania and attended the Panania North Public School
  • Paul Abrahams bass player for The Reels, attended Panania Public School and East Hills Boys Technology High School
  • Theo Kalinderidis

    Theo Kalinderidis

    P: 02 9771 6115
    M: 0403 197 137  

    View Profile

* All fields required